Terms and conditions of enrolment at Berlitz Dublin
1. STUDENT REGISTRATION
All courses must be booked in advance and, where appropriate, start on any Monday. Berlitz Dublin reserves the right to cancel or change the course programme without prior notice. You should send your application and a photocopy of your passport at least four weeks in advance of your arrival.
2. BOOKING CONFIRMATION & PAYMENT
- On receipt of an enrolment Berlitz Dublin will send an invoice and offer letter. A booking confirmation will be issued, once booking deposit (25%) or full course fees and all other documentation relating to the booking, have been received.
- For all adult courses there is an Accommodation booking fee of 50€.
- On enrolment a credit card authorization must be provided as deposit to cover any loss or damage to the school or accommodation incurred by the student. The amount will be debited automatically from the credit card provided after student’s departure.
- The balance must be paid four weeks before the starting date, otherwise Berlitz Dublin reserves the right to cancel, without notice, the course, accommodation and all other services. All bank charges in the country of origin and in Ireland are to be paid in remittance by the applicant.
- Failure to pay the invoiced fees may delay the provision of the course, accommodation and other services and the crediting of commission.
- Berlitz Dublin reserves the right to charge 1% per month on the unpaid amount of the fees due with effect from four weeks before the date of course commencement.
- Where a student has commenced a course and is repatriated for offences against Berlitz Dublin and/or Civil Law, all costs will be borne by the student.
- If at any time Berlitz Dublin is unable to provide the course for which a client has been enrolled, an alternative course of a similar or higher specification will be provided, if available, at no additional cost.
- Berlitz Dublin reserves the right to make an administrative charge for each change requested less than 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
- Berlitz Dublin reserves the right to cancel or withhold confirmation of a booking or to withdraw educational and accommodation facilities after course commencement, at its discretion, if at any time incorrect information is supplied by or on behalf of the client, fees due to Berlitz Dublin from the client have not been received, or if such action is otherwise deemed necessary in the interests of the client or Berlitz Dublin.
- Any documents sent by courier, as per agent request, will have an extra charge of minimum 60€ (depending on the destination).
- A receipt or other evidence of payment must be produced by the client for inspection by the Irish Immigration Authorities on entry into Ireland, and to the school on the first day of the course.
- Most students outside of the EU require a student visa. After we receive your deposit, we will issue a visa support letter so you can arrange your student visa. Please note this can take over a month to complete. Please make sure your course start date allows time to arrange the visa.
- Where a client needs a visa for entry to Ireland, he/she must pay a deposit of 50% as specified in the current Brochure and Conditions (deductible when the fees are paid in full), or the full amount of the fees due, before Berlitz Dublin can process the enrolment and produce the confirmation documents required for the visa application. Should an application for a visa be refused, the student will be entitled to a refund of the deposit and any fees paid (after deduction of an administration charge of 150€) on receipt of a copy of the letter of refusal from the Irish Embassy prior to course commencement.
- A scanned copy of the visa should be emailed to Berlitz Dublin to enable us to check that it is correct. Berlitz Dublin cannot be held responsible for any errors made during the visa application process.
- We will charge 60€ if we need to re-issue any documents, such as confirming a different start date.
If you decide to cancel your course/homestay/airport transfer, repayments will be made as follows:
- Up to three months before: Full amount minus 150€ administration charge.
- Up to one month before: 50%
- Up to one week before: No refund
- The registration and accommodation booking fees will not be refunded.
Please also refer to point number 5 “refunds”.
- Tuition fees will not be refunded once a course has started.
- In cases where a student’s leave to remain in Ireland has been granted by the Garda National Immigration Bureau or Irish Consulate on the basis of his/her studies at this college, no refund of fees is possible, unless his/her termination of studies is approved by the Garda National Immigration Bureau or Irish Consulate, in writing, and this written evidence submitted to our office.
- When the Conditions of enrollment relating to Cancellation or Curtailment have been met and a refund is due from Berlitz Dublin, after deduction of any fees payable in lieu of notice.
- No refunds will be given for late arrivals and/or early departures for any reason or for late cancellation of accommodation or other absences. You are recommended to take insurance to cover this.
- The Registration and Accommodation booking fees are separate from the tuition fee and are not refundable.
6. POSTPONEMENT & AMENDMENTS
You may postpone your start date but you must give the centre two weeks’ notice. If you do not, a postponement administration fee of 60€ will be charged. If you postpone more than once, then a further administration fee of 90€ will be charged. Any changes needed after sending in your application will be charged at 60€ for each new document.
7. CHANGE OF COURSE
- When a client’s course is changed to a course of a lower specification, any refund due in accordance with the Berlitz Dublin Conditions or enrolment is made in the form of a credit towards any required extension of the amended course or towards any Berlitz Dublin course in Ireland during the twelve months following the end of the amended course. The credit is not transferable to another client, and no cash refund can be given.
- A credit voucher is issued by Berlitz Dublin to the client (subject to deduction of any fees payable in lieu of notice). The fees as originally invoiced remain payable to Berlitz Dublin, and no credit voucher can be issued to the client until they have been received. The client may subsequently redeem the credit voucher by extending the amended course or enrolling for a further course within twelve months.
8. EXTENSION OF A COURSE
It is usually possible to extend a client’s course provided that there is a place available. The client should inform Berlitz Dublin by letter, fax or email as early as possible, specifying the course number and the dates of the extension.
Students studying on a course of 12 weeks or more can take a planned period of absence. Students must give one week’s notice and take a maximum of one full week. Only full weeks can be taken. There is a maximum of 4 weeks in 1 year. (1 week per 12-week period)
Students are responsible for arranging their own insurance and are strongly advised to do so. Students in homestay MUST have insurance. We can arrange insurance for you, please refer to the pricelist on our website.
Students have to attend 85% of their course as part of Irish visa requirements, if applicable. The school is duty bound to inform the GNIB of persistent non-attendance and can ask you to leave the school if poor attendance continues.
12. ONE-TO-ONE LESSONS
Students with one-to-one lessons need to give 24 hours’ notice of cancellation. Students will be charged for non-attendance if 24 hours’ notice isn’t given.
Course books can be purchased at 30€ per level of study. You can also borrow a book for the length of your course at a charge of 30€. You will receive this money back as long as the book is still in good condition. Special terms apply for sponsored students. Please contact administration for details.
14. CLASS SIZE
A minimum of 4 students is needed for a new class to open or continue. Classes below 4 students may continue, but with a reduction in the number of units taught. The maximum class size is 15 students.
Please refer to the separate terms and conditions available on the website.
16. PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2018
Christmas holidays from 24th December 2018 until the 2nd January 2019.
St. Patrick’s Day 19th March, Good Friday 30th March, Easter Monday 2nd April, Early May bank holiday 7th May, June bank holiday 4th June, August bank holiday 6th August, October bank holiday 29th October. No refund is made for classes scheduled to take place on these days.
17. STUDENT MISCONDUCT
The school has a behaviour policy. You must pay for any damage you cause to the school or homestay and its contents. The school reserves the right to cancel a student’s course in the case of serious misconduct. Refunds will be at the discretion of the school.
Berlitz Dublin does not accept responsibility for the loss or theft of personal items from its premises.
19. If the student is under 16 (1:1 classes only)
The person in charge of students under 16 will have to sign the application form and accept the points listed below:
- The child will stay with a family member or close friend (the guardian) for the duration of the course.
- The guardian is responsible for the child outside of scheduled activities and class times
- The child can be treated in an emergency and a doctor has permission to carry out an emergency operation if required.
- The guardian will pay the doctor’s/hospital bills for any treatment given.
20. DATA PROTECTION
Any personal data that you supply to Berlitz Dublin will be held and processed only for the purpose for which it is supplied. We ensure that all personal data is captured, held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The information you supply will be divulged to third parties only within the provisions of the Data Protection Act. (Data Protection Policy)
21. PROMOTIONAL VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPH
The Company’s website, brochures and other publicity materials are the responsibility of Berlitz Dublin and the details are published in good faith as of May 2018. For promotional purposes we will take photographs and videos during our courses or social activities which may be used in brochures or other publicity materials. Please advise at the time of booking if you do not wish to appear in any promotional material.