Teacher Training English Course Overview
The Overseas Teachers Refresher course is aimed at teachers who wish to improve or brush up their knowledge of and skills in English and who also wish to learn the latest teaching techniques. There is a focus on current methodologies and practical teaching skills.
The programme provides a language enrichment component designed to improve the participants’ knowledge and use of English including vocabulary, grammatical knowledge, functional knowledge and pronunciation.
Throughout the duration of your teacher training English course you shall use a set of specifically hand picked set of academic coursebooks. Our highly trained professional teaching staff will ensure to reach your maximum potential with the chosen academic materials.
Participants will need to have a minimum of Upper intermediate (CEF B2) or higher to undertake the course.
All course participants will receive a report and a diploma at the end of their course.
The teaching methodology component incorporates the following areas:
- Review of Modern Teaching methodologies; communicative approach; the lexical approach; blended learning; audio-lingual and task based learning.
- Strategies For Teaching Skill Areas; strategies, tasks and activities for teaching listening and reading.
- Strategies For Teaching Grammar and Pronunciation; dealing with vocabulary effectively in key areas of pronunciation, applications of discourse analysis.
- Classroom Management; Discipline; role-plays; mixed-level teaching; technology in the classroom; special projects and activities.
- Teacher Development; assessing personal strengths and weaknesses; developing plans for Personal Development.
- The programme consists of workshops/seminars and supervised teaching practice. This gives you the opportunity to put into practice ideas discussed during the seminar sessions.
Interested in Berlitz Dublin’s Teacher Training English Course?
Berlitz Dublin Teacher Training English Course Key Facts:
|Tuition||Class Size||Start Dates||Course Length||Minimum Age||Ideal For|
|25 hours per week||Maximum 15 people||1st week of month Please check with Berlitz for next programme start date||2 weeks duration||21||Overseas Instructors – Refresher|